BP Mods Showcase BP Gear Shop JAGalaxy.com BP Facebook Page Bear's Pit IRC

Who's Online
3 registered (Peal, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#297941 - 06/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Hazapuza]

Panopticon
corporal
I did a thread about this in the general forum since I didn't know if it was a bug, now I'm pretty certain it is.. Anyway..

The game complains about missing or corrupt files and then exits. This is the thread I made in the general forum and it explains everything. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=297789#Post297789
I thought I had pinpointed the problem to a missing sound file 'SOUNDS\Ceramic Armour Insert.wav' but when I tried to solve the problem by making a copy of one of the other sound files and then rename it to Ceramic Armour Insert.wav nothing happened so I guess there are more things going on..

Here is the save game, the only thing needed to reproduce the crash should be to go into tactical mode in the Cambria sector the team is in.
http://www.2shared.com/file/pWStLAmP/SaveGame18.html

Other than this, the game have run flawlessly and overall it's an amazing experience. smile

Edited by Panopticon (06/02/2012)
#298204 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Panopticon]

awatz
Corporal 1st class
Loc: Philippines

In San Mona, every minor NPC is named Kingpin
#298208 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: awatz]

Slax
Sergeant Major
Loc: People riding polar bears outs...
It just shows that they're part of Kingpin's faction, I think.
#298209 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Slax]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Loc: Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted By: awatz
In San Mona, every minor NPC is named Kingpin
Originally Posted By: Slax
It just shows that they're part of Kingpin's faction, I think.
Exactly. These are Kingpin's goons. If you attack one of them, they will attack you. Or if you misbehave in Kingpin's house or do anything similar, all those "civilians" belonging to him will turn hostile and attack you when you enter the sector. Those NPCs will also tell you to have fun in San Mona and not get into any trouble instead of talking about liberating Arulco. They are no regular civilians and killing them will not result in loyalty loss, as far as I know. They're soldiers who don't belong to Deidranna. If you want to mess with Kingpin's faction, you will have to kill them all so this is a nice way of knowing how many people in a sector to get rid of when the fighting starts.
#298266 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

awatz
Corporal 1st class
Loc: Philippines
Not sure if its a Bug. I keep getting a message "You should check your goggles". What is that about?
#298268 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: awatz]

DepressivesBrot
Chief Hamster Herder
captain
At least one of your mercs currently wears vision gear which is inappropriate, i.e. sun glasses at night or NVGs at a high noon shootout. Sometimes, it's nothing though.
My Inbox is for IMPORTANT stuff, NOT random queries about the game.
#298322 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: DepressivesBrot]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Bug: Available IMP pool gets drained by one even when not hiring an IMP.

Create an IMP of a specific gender, pick a voice, go to the end of the process, click on DONE. When being asked about the payment, cancel the process. Start over, the voice set will be gone. Do this three times and the game will deny you adding more IMPs of that gender because the maximum amount has been reached without you having paid anything or receiving any personnel.

Edit: So the IMP number should be increased when confirming the payment, not when clicking on DONE.

Edited by LootFragg (09/02/2012)
#298327 - 09/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Hazapuza
master sgt
Loc: Finland
Err, If I my memory serves me right, the 1.12 patch notes list a fix for this exact same bug...
#298388 - 10/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Hazapuza]

Fins_T
sergeant
Loc: Russia
Playing: pure 1.13 4870 installed on pure Ja2, some cosmetic quantative changes in main options .ini.

Bug: in-game item duplication, reproducible, duplicated items seem to be fully functional.

To reproduce: won't post about this in this public thread unless asked to do so by moderator. Will describe details via PM if asked by someone who's definitely developer and/or moderator.
#298390 - 10/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

RoWa21

captain
Loc: Austria
Originally Posted By: LootFragg
Bug: Available IMP pool gets drained by one even when not hiring an IMP.

Create an IMP of a specific gender, pick a voice, go to the end of the process, click on DONE. When being asked about the payment, cancel the process. Start over, the voice set will be gone. Do this three times and the game will deny you adding more IMPs of that gender because the maximum amount has been reached without you having paid anything or receiving any personnel.

Edit: So the IMP number should be increased when confirming the payment, not when clicking on DONE.

Buggler provided a fix and I just committed it to the development source trunk.
#298520 - 11/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: RoWa21]

Charlie_May
corporal
It seems that the game doesn't read the value of LearnToLikeTime in mercprofiles.xml, even if READ_PROFILE_DATA_FROM_XML = TRUE in the ini. The game reads the value that is set in prof.dat.

Very simple to test. As you might know, Scully is supposed to become a buddy of Gus over time. Gus has sound files where he congratulates Scully, and Scully's index number is set in his LearnToLike tag. It doesn't work that way unfortunately because the developers have omitted to set a value in Gus' LearnToLikeTime entry in prof.dat. I tried to correct this problem by setting Gus' LearnToLikeTime value to 2. I tested it in game, and Scully never became Gus's friend! (to test this easily, let a few days pass, and try to make Gus shoot Scully... if he accepts, Scully is not his friend yet). I tested this over and over and could never make it work, until I finally decided to set READ_PROFILE_DATA_FROM_XML = FALSE, and edit Gus' profile in prof.dat instead of editing it in the xml. And to my surprise, Scully became Gus' friend during my test. I should also add that LearnToLikeTime will be read in prof.dat (not in the xml) even if READ_PROFILE_DATA_FROM_XML = TRUE.

EDIT : I also wanted to report another bug. A simple one: It seems that psycho mercs never go psycho anymore! I had Fidel, Razor and Haywire shoot hundreds of single round shots with automatic weapons and they never went psycho, not even once!

Edited by Charlie_May (11/02/2012)
#298527 - 11/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Charlie_May]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Originally Posted By: Charlie_May
It seems that psycho mercs never go psycho anymore! I had Fidel, Razor and Haywire shoot hundreds of single round shots with automatic weapons and they never went psycho, not even once!
Can't confirm this. On 4870 which I had been playing for a few weeks before patching, I had psychos going full-auto. Don't know if Buzz was one of them, I remember having had some psycho moments and I always took care to give psychos automatic weapons to prevent morale loss. In my game, I used STOMP, the new trait system selectable on the startup screen. But it's pretty blurry as I often fired in bursts and had only few psychos.
#298529 - 11/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Blue_Fox
first sergeant
Loc: Netherlands
I had the same with Grunty who starts to like Buns....
#298575 - 11/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Charlie_May
corporal
I'm sorry. I should have added that I tested the psycho thing by running Tais 4915 SCI, and playing OCTH - maybe this is part of the problem? The other bug I mentionned, however, I had noticed a little while back in 4870, hence why I posted in this particular thread.
#298682 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Charlie_May]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Looked at speech files of new WF mercs. I don't know if it's intended in any way but every character has at least one speech file that doesn't belong to him. Also, the merc editor shows some discrepancies such as Monk having Scope as buddy when his speech files say he adores Dr. Laura Colin.

Also, I've tried out the inventory AP cost in 4926. If you've run out of APs, you can't put away the item picked up with the cursor. A workaround would be opening the loading screen with a shortcut but I think there should be a more intuitive way of continuing the game even with no APs.

And I've noticed the vehicles in Vehicles.xml all having the same movement type tag except for the helicopter. Why are there more values for MvtType when they all use 1 (car)?

And if you start with a progress threshold, Enrico's mail about progress comes before his initial one welcoming you in Arulco.
#298691 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Charlie_May
corporal
Just wanted to add something about the possible bug I reported earlier. I did some more tests, notably with Spooky, the merc from SOG that Off_topic introduced in 1.13. According to the xml and to his soundfiles, Spooky is supposed to learn to like Lynx. I tested it in game, and it worked. Now what puzzles me is that I had observed that the game, in the case of the other vanilla mercs, seemed to read the Learn to like data from prof.dat and not from the .xml. But of course, Spooky has no data in prof.dat, since he is a brand new modded character! Which makes me believe that perhaps there is a problem with the LTL values in the .xml ONLY if the merc that you try to edit has a LTL value in the .dat - in other words, maybe the bug is that there is a LTL check in prof.dat (if it exists) AFTER the check in the .xml, which overpowers it, and renders editing of the LTL value in the .xml useless??

Sorry, I know this sounds awfully complicated. I am no coder, and no great modder, and I'm probably trying to explain things that are far beyond my understanding.

Also, I'd be curious to know if somebody can replicate this - maybe just do the simple test with Scully and Gus that I described earlier?

#298697 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Charlie_May]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Another issue that is pretty much known about is mercs not spawning properly when entering new sectors in large groups. With increased squad size, more than 6 men in one squad will lead to problems when for example entering the rebel hideout. 2 of my 8 mercs did not appear, I can't move them, interact with anybody or tell them to leave the basement. The squad can't leave as a whole and travelling is disabled in underground sectors so these two are stuck there forever being ghosts.

Is there any way of checking if there are enough spawn points for mercs and send everybody who can't properly spawn back to the previous sector? Or are spawn points or spawn zones not really defined and just cluster around a single point? Meh.
#298724 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
Loc: Greece
Also, I've tried out the inventory AP cost in 4926. If you've run out of APs, you can't put away the item picked up with the cursor. A workaround would be opening the loading screen with a shortcut but I think there should be a more intuitive way of continuing the game even with no APs.
Quick question about this. How exactly did you pick the item up?
So far, the code works by checking what type of slot you picked the item from (equipment, hands, head, torso, leg, combat pack, backpack), and if you put it in a different slot type, it will deduct the AP.
So, I guess you managed it by exchanging something and not having an empty slot of the same type available. I am not really sure how to get the check for that, since it asks for a check if you have enough APs to put the item on an empty slot when picking the item up.
Will see if I can find a way to fix it, though I do not guarantee anything.
#298730 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: JMich]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Originally Posted By: JMich
Quick question about this. How exactly did you pick the item up?
Right at the start Barry had emptied his sawn-off shotgun, I grabbed a pair of shells from the stack and drew it onto the shotgun, he reloaded one and ran out of APs, guess he even had minus 3 APs. So that probably works as an exchange. I wasn't allowed to put them back onto the stack but when I opened the loading screen and cancelled, the game put it there automatically.
Guess I would always intuitively want to at least drop something for free. And that has always cost APs, maybe there should be no cost for quick-dropping stuff, solving this issue. Except when you're in water. Damn.
#298731 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Blue_Fox
first sergeant
You cant do anything when pick an item, you wont be able to place it back when out of AP's.
Need to restart the game.
#298732 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Panopticon]

Panopticon
corporal
Other than the (almost gamebreaking) bug below I have found another small one. In 4870, the camouflage from the camo kits seem to last forever. I applied a woodland camo kit to my Imp before Drassen and it is still in full effect 150 days later. I doubt it's supposed to be like that. smile

Originally Posted By: Panopticon
I did a thread about this in the general forum since I didn't know if it was a bug, now I'm pretty certain it is.. Anyway..

The game complains about missing or corrupt files and then exits. This is the thread I made in the general forum and it explains everything. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=297789#Post297789
I thought I had pinpointed the problem to a missing sound file 'SOUNDS\Ceramic Armour Insert.wav' but when I tried to solve the problem by making a copy of one of the other sound files and then rename it to Ceramic Armour Insert.wav nothing happened so I guess there are more things going on..

Here is the save game, the only thing needed to reproduce the crash should be to go into tactical mode in the Cambria sector the team is in.
http://www.2shared.com/file/pWStLAmP/SaveGame18.html

Other than this, the game have run flawlessly and overall it's an amazing experience. smile
#298733 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Panopticon]

Blue_Fox
first sergeant
Has he the ranger trait?
#298744 - 12/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Blue_Fox]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Alright. Weird runtime error I had, pretty improbable that someone would do it but I did so that counts.

I opened the AIM page. If you left-click the "Page 1/2" button you get to page 2 or 1 respectively. If you right-click it though, it jumps back and forth and if you keep the right mouse button pressed, it will rapidly switch the pages back and forth without end. I did that and it eventually crashed with an out of range ImageID.

Revision 4926.

(Source)/Standard Gaming Platform/Button System.cpp

Line 2135. Attempting to CreateIconAndTextButton with out of range ImageID.
#298839 - 13/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Soranor
Civilian
Of course this is old, but I just fought the fistfights in San Mona and had the pathing bug. I tested a bit and found out this happens most often during the last fight. After you win Kingpin talks to you and then walks back to his house - unless he's blocked by some unnamed NPC at the club entrance, which introduces the "endless watch" bug.
Spike likes to stand too close to the door and block said NPCs.

Is there a way to either make NPCs never stop there or maybe make Spike move out of the way one or two tiles more?
#299079 - 15/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Soranor]

Buggler
staff sgt
Fixed with inclusion of all IDs in MercOpinions.xml

Bug report applies to Official4870 build & Tai's SCI4945
(Initial Bug Report posted by Charlie_May)

All cases stated applies for 'READ_PROFILE_DATA_FROM_XML = TRUE'

+++++
<bHated> & <bHatedTime>
Ignores BOTH xml tags, uses prof.dat (Pfd) ID & value.
E.g.
regardless of xml value -> will NOT hate if Pfd has nil entires

<bLearnToHateTime> (lower -> faster)
Ignores xml value, uses Pfd value. If Pfd = 0, will NOT hate at all even if using xml.
E.g.
Pfd = 0, regardless of xml value -> will NOT hate
Pfd = 1, xml = 99 -> morale will start dropping immediately
Pfd = 99, xml = 1 -> morale will only drop after some time

<bLearnToLikeTime> (lower -> faster)
Ignores xml value, uses Pfd value. If Pfd = 0, will NOT like at all even if using xml.
E.g.
Pfd = 0, regardless of xml value -> will NOT like
Pfd = 1, xml = 99 -> will not shoot within a short period of time
Pfd = 99, xml = 1 -> will not shoot after a long period

Only <bBuddy> tag is working, will not shoot new Buddy.

So Ja1&DG newly added mercs may also hav their relationships NOT functioning properly as per developers' wishes, reasons as stated above.
(It's strange that some r working like speech & quiting.)
E.g.
Postie will still shoot Reuban after many days together
Jimmy morale will not drop when with Lynx
+++++

To test, best use characters with NO likes & hates in prof.dat like ID10 Shadow, ID20 Cliff, ID31 Scully
(Did not test on characters with existing Like/Hate entries in prof.dat)

P.S. This bug is beyond my (basic) capability, Rowa out of town for a couple of days so unlikely to hav SVN commits til he's back.

Edited by Buggler (04/09/2013)
Edit Reason: fixed

'Not everything that counts can b counted, n not everything that can b counted counts' - Albert Einstein
#299115 - 16/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Buggler]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Facing a bug with more items in Bobby Ray orders. When clicking on "Back" after checking a 11+ items order, the game shows the page loading bar half filled, then loads and crashes. No runtime error, it just stops working and Windows closes it. Position of the scroll bar doesn't seem important, neither is the selection of items but with 10 or less items it works fine, so you'll have to have 11 or more, the scroll bar must be active, so to say. Cheers.

Edit: Baaaap. Same when ordering. Doesn't work at all. Why's that? Something I could have done wrong?

Edited by LootFragg (16/02/2012)
#299120 - 16/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
@LootFragg
Doing a quick test with latest svn files works ok for me, both with a debug and a release executable, and I have no problems either ordering or checking an order. Can you give me more information on the configuration you are running, as well as any ini options you've changed?
P.S. the scroll bar is always active, with the rectangle been shown only if there are more than 10 items.
#299147 - 16/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: JMich]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Aye, rectangle being either hidden or shown is what I meant by active or not. Yeah, I thought so, it would have been pretty obvious if a quick test had not worked properly and you would not have released the patch.

I'm using the ... supposed 4926 revision somebody (was that you?) gave to me, the one that shows 4462 as version number. Set it to 30 items on BR order. Uhm... maybe ask directly for information as I've basically changed almost anything. I could upload my settings or something. But since I'm using my own folder via VFS I could just try starting a game with default settings to see if it works. Could you tell me what factors into that BR feature so I can focus my attention on something?
#299148 - 16/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
I was mostly thinking about the other laptop settings, since there was a problem with the fast loading pages, but it was fixed.
Do upload your saved game somewhere, and include the ja2_options.ini with it, and I will take a look at it.
#299189 - 17/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Hazapuza]

Mravac Kid
Corporal 1st class
Loc: Opatija, Croatia
I'm having a problem, I can't move the squad to another sector via the tactical screen, which is wreaking havoc with the escort Maria mission... I looked for info in the forum, but can't find any. The icon to move the squad into the next map doesn't show up, and instead I get the "can't move here" crossed square. At first I thought it may be because I installed 1.13 over the GOG version, but I tried it with the Gold version and the same thing happens.

I tinkered a bit with the ini files, but nothing that should cause this. And I used the money cheat, which also shouldn't have any such effect...

I'm using version 1.13.4870, 11.12.28.
Here's the link to a quicksave, if it will help.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0x7bsy
#299195 - 17/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: JMich]

LootFragg
first sergeant
Originally Posted By: JMich
I was mostly thinking about the other laptop settings, since there was a problem with the fast loading pages, but it was fixed.
Do upload your saved game somewhere, and include the ja2_options.ini with it, and I will take a look at it.
No need for a savegame actually, I can start a new game and I will have this. In fact, I just did. I used the default JA2_Options.ini. The other stuff I have changed from default 1.13 are faces, vehicles, music, skills, cth constants and ap/bp constants. I doubt they're relevant.

Nevertheless, I will try the game on pure 1.13 to see if anything changes.

Edit:
Originally Posted By: Mravac Kid
I can't move the squad to another sector via the tactical screen
But you're not playing in windowed mode, are you? I was stuck in an underground sector once having no way go to the previous sector when playing windowed (which I always do).

Edited by LootFragg (17/02/2012)
#299219 - 17/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
No need for a savegame actually, I can start a new game and I will have this. In fact, I just did. I used the default JA2_Options.ini. The other stuff I have changed from default 1.13 are faces, vehicles, music, skills, cth constants and ap/bp constants. I doubt they're relevant.
I still cannot reproduce it, so I'd suggest you to get a newer SCI (should be save game compatible) and see if it still happens. If it does, then do upload a save so we can try to determine what is causing it.
#299251 - 17/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: LootFragg]

Mravac Kid
Corporal 1st class
Loc: Opatija, Croatia
Originally Posted By: Mravac Kid
I can't move the squad to another sector via the tactical screen
But you're not playing in windowed mode, are you? I was stuck in an underground sector once having no way go to the previous sector when playing windowed (which I always do).

Actually, no, I'm playing fullscreen. I have a 24" CRT monitor, and run windows in 1440x900 resolution, so my game runs with black borders along the sides... but the top and bottom stretch all the way, and I can't move there either.
Could it be a screen resolution issue?

*EDIT* I just tried a new game, and this time the tactical travel between sectors works.

Edited by Mravac Kid (17/02/2012)
Edit Reason: New info
#299310 - 18/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Hazapuza]

fig79
Civilian
My OS : XP 32 bit SP 3
Intel core 2 Duo 2,4Ghz
VGA : GeForce 9500GS
JA2 version : GOG version

When in turn base time mode(counter the enemy), my character's(created character) weapon's ammo indicator turn into question mark symbol like this "??"
Just my created character.

But when not in turn base time mode, weapon's ammo indicator is display correctly.
How to resolve this problem?

Thank in advanced.

Edited by fig79 (18/02/2012)
#299313 - 18/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: fig79]

Sabre
Corporal 1st class
I dunno if this is a bug or an exploit that's been there forever, but: if you enable Skyrider to land your mercs in hot LZs, it turns out that a battle will not start automatically. This can make for some fun exploitation: for instance, I found out that I could have Skyrider drop one squad onto a square containing an enemy force, have him zoom off and pick up another squad, drop them off onto that square, and do it again. This way, I could drop off three--potentially many more--squads into a square containing enemies, and then only initiate battle when I want to--e.g., after all three squads have arrived.

Was this trick always here?
#299316 - 18/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: fig79]

DepressivesBrot
Chief Hamster Herder
captain
Originally Posted By: fig79
When in turn base time mode(counter the enemy), my character's(created character) weapon's ammo indicator turn into question mark symbol like this "??"
Just my created character.

But when not in turn base time mode, weapon's ammo indicator is display correctly.
How to resolve this problem?
Your character lacks the experience, wisdom and / or dexterity to accurately count or estimate his remaining ammo. Yes, particularly lowly character will even forget wether they had a full mag to begin with.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
#299324 - 18/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: RoWa21]

Kharnivora
Civilian
Hi,

I got a quite bad bug:

After exiting a new game for the first time the merc I hired first has the face of Barry Unger and produces assertion errors with every action he makes/every time he says he has finished his actual task (e.g. arriving in a sector, being attacked, learning...). If this merc dies and I remove him from the merclist the merc I hired second has Barrys face and itīs all the same.
Additional: A Shipment from Bobby Rays crashes the whole game, if the *Barry Error* occurs.

I got around this problem by quiting the game after my first shipments arrived and let the first merc I hire die or let him stand somewhere nobody ever gets. But after a certain time (it was about day 15) the whole game crashed, I had no chance to come around it.

Those errors occur everytime, on every difficulty, I reinstalled JA2 und 1.13 several times.

Iīm running it on Win 7 Pro x64 in 1024*768.
CPU Phenom 2X6
GPU Geforce 560 GTI

I donīt have any savegames, I just deleted them in anger... I will upload some soon.

Edited by Kharnivora (18/02/2012)
#299362 - 18/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Kharnivora]

Fins_T
sergeant
Loc: Russia
EDIT: Not a bug, as explained few posts later. Striking out the post.
Didn't read this topic in entirety. Sorry if already reported.

Bug: Slay leaves after 1 week despite "SLAY_STAYS_FOREVER = TRUE" in the .ini . I have posted details (including screenshot of game history) in the topic about Slay, post http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=299361#Post299361

Edited by Fins_T (20/02/2012)
#299427 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Fins_T]

Melliores
private

Hello guys,

I am playing v4870 with Wildfire maps installed as well. I seem to be encountering the following problems, all in San Mona:

- When I start the Maria and Angle quest, all goes well, till I try to actually disable the alarm at the back door during the day. I seem to remember that with older versions this was possible. The only way to go around this is to pay the entrance fee and turn off the alarm manually, using the switch in the guards' room.
- After finishing the quest and receiving the deed to the shop, I go straight to Kyle, and give to him. The game takes quite a long time to process his movement and eventually he comes and plays the lines about handing me 10 000 dollars. After I check my inventory, I only have 60 though. Quite the disappointment.

- The fighting ring. I go in, pay 5000 and expect to start the fight. My merc jumps over the ropes yet nothing happens. If I go out the lines I get are as if I haven't fought at all. Kingpin on the other hand plays the lines as if I won three fights in a row. Quite the bug there.

This has stopped me in my tracks, since I am playing an Ironman game and really could use the money from the fights and the shop to hire some mercs.
#299469 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Melliores]

Biernath_J
first sergeant
Loc: Poland
I had the same situation today, visiting San Mona.
I'm playing latest unstable (4945) and the same thing happened - Kyle only gave me 60 bucks, which was pretty hilarious.

The arena fighting seems to be VERY buggy on WF maps. I managed to win 2 fights (after some reloading because of bugs), the third one was impossible. My kung-fu opponent escapes the ring on his first turn, and Kingpin and his crew start shooting me (!)

I believe those are WF map related problems, unless someone can confirm that the boxing arena is broken on stock maps too.
#299471 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Biernath_J]

DepressivesBrot
Chief Hamster Herder
captain
Boxing is iffy at the best of times, but custom maps usually make it worse, yes.
#299473 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: DepressivesBrot]

Biernath_J
first sergeant
I checked map C5 with the map editor (that thing is crashy!) and Kyle seems to have 60$ in his inventory.
Not sure what's the deal with long wait - using cheat codes I was able to trace his long walk. He goes into his backroom, then goes into the SW building (crossing more than half of the map!) and returns to you with his blazing 60$

Why he covers such distance, I have no idea smile

Is it possible to edit the map and give him 10,000$? Will it work, or I have to start a new game? I saved a game just before giving him the paper.
#299474 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Biernath_J]

DepressivesBrot
Chief Hamster Herder
captain
If I remember correctly, Kyle (and one or two other NPCs) don't actually have the money they are supposed to give you on them but instead go to a very specific closet to fetch it - quite logical actually, you would put your money into a safe instead of lugging thousands around all the time.
#299477 - 19/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: DepressivesBrot]

Biernath_J
first sergeant
So, he fails to find his 10,000$ and gives you 60 bucks out of his pocket instead?
So, editing his inventory and giving him 10K SHOULD work.

Though I'm pretty sure that a new game would be required...
#299482 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Biernath_J]

Gambigobilla
first sergeant
i got this "NPC fails to give item bug" very often. If memory serves i haven't encountered this bug with v4552 and before. After that version i took a brake from JA2 till v4870. I think there is something that went wrong between these two versions. I cannot give a specific version but i have played v4870, v4915, v4930 with various versions of Vanilla 113, AIMNAS, AFS and UC. I got this bug in each one. I tried killing the NPC that fails to give item and can confirm that NPCs successfully take items from storage but fails to deliver to PCs. Another thing i can confirm is this bug is random, so saving before delivering quest and if bug happens then reloading usually solves the problem. For one last another thing is i can confirm is this can happen to any NPC that gives you anything (Kyle, Angel, Boxing Guy, Carmen).

I've checked the SVN changelogs for anything relevant but haven't found anything. Code is still too cryptic for me to understand. Maybe some undocumented change or change from developer trunk holds the clue. Hope any of this helps. Sorry for bad Engrish.

lolwut
#299512 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Gambigobilla]

Buggler
staff sgt
Originally Posted By: Fins_T
Didn't read this topic in entirety. Sorry if already reported.

Bug: Slay leaves after 1 week despite "SLAY_STAYS_FOREVER = TRUE" in the .ini . I have posted details (including screenshot of game history) in the topic about Slay, post http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=299361#Post299361 .

Sometime (unsure e exact commit date) along 1.13 development, a better fix is committed in changing 'Slay's forever' feature.

Like what Slay says in his dialogue, he will give 1 week of free service.
Juz renew his contract like other mercs if u wan to extend his stay when "SLAY_STAYS_FOREVER = TRUE". He's expensive though smile

+++++
Originally Posted By: Sabre
I dunno if this is a bug or an exploit that's been there forever, but: if you enable Skyrider to land your mercs in hot LZs, it turns out that a battle will not start automatically. This can make for some fun exploitation: for instance, I found out that I could have Skyrider drop one squad onto a square containing an enemy force, have him zoom off and pick up another squad, drop them off onto that square, and do it again. This way, I could drop off three--potentially many more--squads into a square containing enemies, and then only initiate battle when I want to--e.g., after all three squads have arrived.

Was this trick always here?

Confirmed bug
+++++
Tested w Official 4870 build.

Edited by Buggler (20/02/2012)
Edit Reason: Added Sabre's bug

'Not everything that counts can b counted, n not everything that can b counted counts' - Albert Einstein
#299516 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Gambigobilla]

Biernath_J
first sergeant
This is
Originally Posted By: Gambigobilla
i got this "NPC fails to give item bug" very often. If memory serves i haven't encountered this bug with v4552 and before. After that version i took a brake from JA2 till v4870. I think there is something that went wrong between these two versions. I cannot give a specific version but i have played v4870, v4915, v4930 with various versions of Vanilla 113, AIMNAS, AFS and UC. I got this bug in each one. I tried killing the NPC that fails to give item and can confirm that NPCs successfully take items from storage but fails to deliver to PCs. Another thing i can confirm is this bug is random, so saving before delivering quest and if bug happens then reloading usually solves the problem. For one last another thing is i can confirm is this can happen to any NPC that gives you anything (Kyle, Angel, Boxing Guy, Carmen).

I've checked the SVN changelogs for anything relevant but haven't found anything. Code is still too cryptic for me to understand. Maybe some undocumented change or change from developer trunk holds the clue. Hope any of this helps. Sorry for bad Engrish.

This is getting interesting. I copied the whole game onto a pendrive and brought it to work today. I'm running W764 at home, here in work I have access to XP32. Loaded a save from yesterday and guess what - Kyle, after his long, long walk (I have a feeling that this time he went somewhere else because my mercs didn't see him on target location) he came back and gave me... 10,060$

I wasn't able to replicate this at home, I tried loading game 3 times and all he gave me was 60$
#299522 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Biernath_J]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
Originally Posted By: Biernath_J
The arena fighting seems to be VERY buggy on WF maps. I managed to win 2 fights (after some reloading because of bugs), the third one was impossible. My kung-fu opponent escapes the ring on his first turn, and Kingpin and his crew start shooting me (!)
The problem with custom maps is the fact that the Boxing Ring's coordinates are hard coded.
The boxing ring "room" must be a specific number, the boxing ring's center must be a specific grid number, and the boxing opponents must be 3 specific profiles. Since most maps do move the boxing ring around, and they also change room numbers (or don't bother and have them auto-assigned), it is very easy to mess up the boxing quest completely.
So, until the boxing rings are externalized, you shouldn't rely on boxing working.
P.S. I am not sure for the specific maps, but unless the mapper knew what numbers he should use, I assume any custom maps won't work with boxing.
#299523 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Biernath_J]

Jipeg
Civilian

Hi.
Thanks for this new release. (my last played version was 3111)

I noticed :
- After killing the first terrorist (MOM), Carmen takes the head but doesn't give the reward (No RV proposed) and seems to have left the country. ("All mercenary have been caught" written in history log)

- when loading the Barret : one round left in the clip. When retrieving the loaded clip, he dissapears.

- Lucky must be gay (even if "show-off"), I can't stand his relationship with Barry. :-)

- I'm quite disapointed by the performances in burst and auto ... especially with "machinegunners".
Psychos often does it better than autoweapon specialists ... Personnaly, ... don't try to run front of my old and beloved FN MAG for true.

Good job in overall, I love the slightly harder financial management.
#299536 - 20/02/2012 Re: BUGS: NEW 1.13 RELEASE (4870) [Re: Jipeg]

Melliores
private
To Biernath -

I am running on Windows 7 32bit and it does take unusually long for Kyle to come back. I did press ALT+TAB to see whether the game is actually running or it hung up and when I loaded back the game he magically appeared, saying his lines and giving me only 60 dollars. Could this be a problem with the map, not actually finding his secret stash or safe?

Alright, does anyone have a proper way to set up Wildfire maps with v. 1.13 then? I quite prefer them to the original ones thanks to all the additional sandbags, minefields and buildings in urban combat. Also the tall grass really does add to the combat at times.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11332 Members
87 Forums
7371 Topics
134342 Posts

Max Online: 345 @ 01/05/2012
Copyright 2000-2013 Bear's Pit