Mods Repo Gear Shop JAGalaxy.com FB Page IRC Channel

Who's Online
5 registered (hrvg, Shanga, SpecialForcesODA, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#278517 - 24/04/2011 Headrock's NCTH Presentation

Off_Topic

Sergeant Major
Loc: Éire

Edited by Off_Topic (26/04/2011)
Edit Reason: Added Theory
#278757 - 27/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: Off_Topic]

MartinWillyWonka
sgt 1st class
Loc: Sweden/Sverige
Why isn´t Headrock around anymore?
#278758 - 27/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: MartinWillyWonka]

JMich
Fighting the XML Editor
first sergeant
Loc: Greece
On hiatus, as usual. After all, we don't want him to burn out from over exposure to JA2.
#278821 - 28/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: JMich]

ChrisL
lt
Off_Topic, you've pointed folks to the original discussion thread which I suppose it good to make it easy for people to find the original discussions, but some of this information is long out of date. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=262052#Post262052 is the thread (especially the last 4-6 pages of the thread) where alot of discussion and changes have been discussed. For instance, in the recoil presentation thread, Headrock mentions that 14 tiles is twice the normal shooting distance and therefore doubles the deviation factor for recoil. But this is no longer accurate since a seperate recoil distance (NORMAL_RECOIL_DISTANCE) was added specifically to deal with recoil accuracy.
Also, in his recoil presentation he states that "a generic assault rifle with a relatively powerful recoil....of +2,+5". A +7 recoil may have originally been what he considered "relatively powerful recoil" when he first wrote that presentation, but just look through the current weapons.xml at assault rifles with +2,+14 (FN FAL OSW) and you can see that a +7 really isn't all that "powerful" any longer.

Not that what you've done here is a bad thing. I just want people to realize that most of this information is from Headrock's original posts and alot of it has seen some pretty serious revision since it was released.
#278828 - 28/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: ChrisL]

Off_Topic

Sergeant Major
Fair point, but to have any kind of understanding of what the NCTH is, i found it difficult to find a starting point not having checked into the Pit very often in the last year.

While the above posts may be out of date, they provide an easier way into it as opposed to reading through a myriad of pages. I said i'd save people some time by linking the most relevant posts, and it's always easier to understand something when you can see the framework behind it.

You are right though, the thread you mentioned is a better place to discuss NCTH.

#278829 - 28/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: Off_Topic]

ChrisL
lt
*nods* Everything I've done since taking over the NCTH project has been based on Headrock's initial work so the links you posted are definitely a good place to start. Just so long as people realize that what's indicated in those posts is no longer exactly what's being used in the currently released code. The groundwork is all the same, but alot of revisions have been made to deal with balance and clean up issues. And I'm sure more revisions will be made in the coming months. :-)
#278831 - 28/04/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: ChrisL]

Off_Topic

Sergeant Major
Originally Posted By: ChrisL
The groundwork is all the same, but alot of revisions have been made to deal with balance and clean up issues. And I'm sure more revisions will be made in the coming months. :-)

Looking forward to it, i had my first proper game with it the last few days, and i'm really starting to like it.
#282256 - 05/06/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: Off_Topic]

Marlboro Man

Major General
Loc: USA
@ ChrisL

I have been looking over Headrocks initial NCTH thread, which was pretty heady by the way. I would like to know what has been changed and what will be changed. And why it was implemented into the source before it was finished. Is it working correctly? What about not being able to get realistic gun data for some weapons? Escpicially on the X-axis. There is no realistic data for some weapons giving side to side motion, only Y-axis data. Seems to me this a big flaw in how this is actually suppose to work. If there is no data, then what value would you put for weapons that do not have any values available?
#287221 - 21/07/2011 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: Marlboro Man]

Marlboro Man

Major General
Loc: USA
@ ChrisL

You never did answer me here. And now that Starwalker retired from 1.13, what are we going to do to solve this?

Edited by Marlboro Man (21/07/2011)
#330882 - 27/02/2014 Re: Headrock's NCTH Presentation [Re: Off_Topic]

dravak
corporal
Ok I upgraded to the latest build , game plays a bit beter , but what was introduced after 5774 !

that broke old to hit system , that you suddenly require lasers etc to hit stuff ?
Anything but pistols gunfighter is suddenly again wonky , this is with the new aimnas (going from stable aimnas to new aimnas , the difference shows ) while aimnas ad lasers as standard so it is still playable .

The settings are reasonable after checking all the ini .
Shouldn't affect smg assault rifles ! So what happened after 5774 ? That causes this game to suddenly change so much ?
That OTH even changed with it !

It removes the living off the land turn based combat , weapons that are damaged suddenly can't hit for crap .
(70% and up) before they jammed a lot , but atleast they still fired accurately .

Now worst is that 100% weapons without laser or scopes are again worthless , this makes the turnbased combat seem like a choir again especially with AIMNAS , who has 1-2 hours battle .

Forum Stats
11478 Members
88 Forums
7580 Topics
137091 Posts

Max Online: 345 @ 01/05/2012
Copyright 2000-2013 Bear's Pit