Mods Repo Gear Shop JAGalaxy.com FB Page IRC Channel

Who's Online
4 registered (DepressivesBrot, VresiBerba, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Sooner @ Yesterday at 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Shanga But no need for that anymore... FC delivered just what we wanted right in our lap. And it's not $1500/year. It's a mere 30 euro. And they've agreed to PAY for good dlcs... I mean you know how the whole SMP went and all th
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Shanga @ Yesterday at 02:38 AM

Uhmm, yea, but SMP would also never allowed you to monetize anything, cause it would've been based on JA2 source and its license. There was an idea at some point to start over on a free engine and that got tossed away quite fast, too. Let's take it
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Flugente @ Yesterday at 02:19 AM

Eh. SMP was way before my time, so I might have understood that wrong... but wasn't the idea of SMP to have a platform with loads of modding capabilities over which we still had control? Like, we could add new code to the game? Because however this g
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Shanga @ Yesterday at 02:14 AM

@Mauser - good one on the SMP thought... It did cross my mind, I can't lie. Also the failure to transform v1.13 into SMP kinda made me consider alternatives. At one time I was pondering raising funds for a BP Unity license and give that to a good mod
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Mauser @ Yesterday at 01:24 AM

You know Shanga, i think this initiative is a great idea with loads of potential and quite the achievement for the BP and especially you! It is also quite the merit for FC to be the first company to actually dare something like this, mainly due to th
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Cyborg @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

For the guns part I'll leave my recoil data/calculator here I made for NCTH in case it might be of use. Has all the 1.13 guns except the futuristic ones which I couldn't find data for. Feel free to update it with data for individual loads. I've put
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Ryan_Prime @ Yesterday at 01:06 AM

Just to jump in on that, as a player may I say, performance > environment graphics. As long as the mercs are cool and memorable and the gameplay is good, I am a happy JA player. Now, animated talking portraits, that's another story! Must have!
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by Shanga @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

Yea, I was never comfortable with the default vision and/or view cone. Apparently FC was neither, but they nerfed it because damn Unity 4 memleaks like a fishnet trying to hold water. Maybe Unity 5 upgrade will give the game better performance. Sadl
v1.13 Feature Requests
I experienced this glitch with a large (14+) group of mercs in Omerta East; Fatima could not enter the hideout. AFS I -think- has a patch to this where Fatima is able to exchange places with one of your mercs (like you would by hovering your cursor
v1.13 Modders (Development Discussions)
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone playing IOV mod? Merc stating gear disappear by Sevenfm @ Yesterday at 12:10 AM

SpecialForcesODA IoV 929 from svn works fine with 7435 release. Only some new features are not fully supported. What merc did you hire?
v1.13 Modders (Development Discussions)
Jump to new posts Anyone playing IOV mod? Merc stating gear disappear by SpecialForcesODA @ Yesterday at 12:07 AM

Hello, it's a quite a morning here in ROK. I downloaded the latest build of IOV and launched it successfully. But when I hired a merc and start the game then LBE gear and armor disappear. I checked xml files but there's no specific problem as I se
#JAFDEV General
I was just about to mention the fact that vision range would also have to be taken into account although I think the current vision range during day time leaves the weapons feeling impotent at times. The night time vision range feels about right but
JA2 Arulco Revisited
Excuse me guys, what is the procedure, in order, for to install "arulco revisited" with the ultimate "7609" patch? Example: First - Install version 7435 Second - Install Version 7609 Third - Install Arulco Revisited ----- Can y
AIMNAS
Jump to new posts Re: AIMNAS Art Gallery by wolf00 @ 29/10/2014

these images looking nice
#JAFDEV General
I am planning to base my first beta test of weapon rebalance on a few factors: 1. sector size (100 x 100 max) 2. vision range (default 20) 3. visual impression (as I told the devs, if a car is 3 tiles long, my gun shouldn't fail to hit someone at th
#JAFDEV General
Actually I think their method is pretty damn ingenious though. The ammunition really does determine how powerful the weapon is, the weapon just determines how accurately and how often that rounds gets to the target. Expanding upon this idea, you
AIMNAS
Jump to new posts Re: AIMNAS Item requests Part 2 by Vince7403 @ 29/10/2014

Czech magazine-fed 30mm grenade launcher http://www.czechweapons.com/en/products/military-weapons/hand-held-grenade-launcher-sag-30/ That website also conveniently has photos of most of the weapons from many angles, usually including left side.
AIMNAS
Jump to new posts Re: AIMNAS Art Gallery by Vince7403 @ 29/10/2014

They look quite good. I'm glad to see some of the new-generation Chinese equipment possibly going in, it was just about the only major power left :-P
#JAFDEV General
Originally Posted By: Sgt_RockI made this spreadsheet back in the day for JA:BiA. I used all kind of stats too calculate damage and range for all the weapons. Might be useful for a mod. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/191xwabdB1sMQZk2t73UDOiPp
#JAFDEV General
I made this spreadsheet back in the day for JA:BiA. I used all kind of stats too calculate damage and range for all the weapons. Might be useful for a mod. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/191xwabdB1sMQZk2t73UDOiPpRnZ8zUIrgEcIO_uzq_I/edit?usp=s
v1.13 Bug Reports
Hi, French version. (English version... I don't know.) I have a minor problem... Because I can play (my game does not crash or blocked or other)... When I load a game (by twice)... I have this: My savegame: https://mon-partage.fr/f/WXbfiZU1/ Than
#JAFDEV General
@Sooner - that editor is outdated, we are waiting for a new one with new assets. So no. @Depri - it all comes from their kinda "artistic" interpretation of muzzle velocity and effective ranges. You're right, a bullet doesn't just drop 3 me
#JAFDEV General
Speaking of map editing, does the asset bundle that is linked with the beta editor post have all the assets from the release version in it or would I need to pull those out of the current steam files? Anyone know off hand?
#JAFDEV General
Jump to new posts Re: FEEDBACK - Community Rollout Plan for JA:F by DepressivesBrot @ 29/10/2014

The whole damage dropoff doesn't make any sense the way it's done though. It should never drop to zero unless we are talking about penetration. Shooting someone with a 12g slug on 15 tiles and getting zero effect is neither cool nor realistic, it's s
#JAFDEV General
Ah, they weren't talking about 7,62 nato...
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Forum Stats
11478 Members
88 Forums
7580 Topics
137091 Posts

Max Online: 345 @ 01/05/2012
Copyright 2000-2013 Bear's Pit