BP Gear Shop JAGalaxy.com BP Facebook Page Bear's Pit IRC

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
v1.13 Coding Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Code Snippets by anv @ 12/04/2014

Custom sounds for non-guns - knives, throwing knives, blunt weapons can use attack sounds specified with <sSound> tag - previously their sound was chosen depending on animation used and hardcoded - it should open space for exotic weapons like c
JA:BiA Modding
Jump to new posts Re: JA-BiA-Tools Project by sbobovyc @ 12/04/2014

New version of character debugger has been released. http://www.moddb.com/mods/sbobovycs-jabia-mods-tools/downloads/jabia-tools-mod-launcher-update-4
Off Topic Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Movie of the day. by Slax @ 12/04/2014

The Gauntlet, 1977. Clint Eastwood. It isn't classified as a comedy anywhere but it sure as hell is a good time.
v1.13 Modders (Development Discussions)
Jump to new posts Re: Faces by Slax @ 12/04/2014

Scarf Face Spoiler Content
JA:BiA Modding
Jump to new posts steam achievements and mods by zippythezip @ 12/04/2014

After putting over 100 hours into this game, I sat back and my steam achievements were zero. I know they may not be important but it gives me another incentive to go back again. So clean install, no mods, well this sucks first choice is the mod fr
v1.13 Modding, Customising, Editing
Jump to new posts Re: Psycho and its properties by Slax @ 12/04/2014

True psychos should at least be able to gut humans. Raise their own morale while grossing every non-psycho out. There's my two cents.
Jump to new posts Re: Psycho and its properties by pheloncab @ 11/04/2014

I'd think Variant 1 and 3 are the better choices, I'd probably go with 3 since a Lunatic normally follows cycles, and it avoids having a double strength disability like #2.
Jump to new posts Psycho and its properties by anv @ 11/04/2014

OK, so I'm tinkering around with disabilities, and there's psycho. I feel like its potential is wasted in game. "Psychotic" - sometimes go full auto, if you can't - negligible morale hit. Compare it with IMP analysis, where psychos get par
Off Topic Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Movie of the day. by abradley @ 11/04/2014

Quote: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190539/ Joong-ho is a dirty detective turned pimp in financial trouble as several of his girls have recently disappeared without clearing their debts. While trying to track them down, he finds a clue that the van
v1.13 Players (Gameplay Discussions)
I got it to work. I installed 4171 in a new directory and then put the data folder from my old JA2 into 4171. Reconfigured the game the way I wanted (hopefully- there are so many options!) The new versions of the game were probably reading somethin
Jump to new posts Re: Voice acting needed for german voices? by M16AMachinegun @ 11/04/2014

Happened to come across this thread. I learned German in college, I could read from a script and send audio files if anyone wants me to
Jump to new posts Re: Merging INI Files? by pheloncab @ 11/04/2014

Originally Posted By: JMichLet's start with the basics. The vfs config file you are using tells the game the locations it should look for files in. Those usually are Data, Data-1.13, Data-mod, Profile folder, and the game looks from right to left, s
v1.13 Coding Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Code Snippets by RoWa21 @ 11/04/2014

@JMich: Thanks, I added it to the development trunk.
Jump to new posts Re: Merging INI Files? by JMich @ 11/04/2014

Let's start with the basics. The vfs config file you are using tells the game the locations it should look for files in. Those usually are Data, Data-1.13, Data-mod, Profile folder, and the game looks from right to left, so if it finds the required
Jump to new posts Merging INI Files? by Repeater1947 @ 11/04/2014

As the title says, how does MERGE_INI_FILES actually work? What does it do? What happens when it's enabled? Does that mean the game will check the other file when one of the options are missing (i.e. an error report containing X is neither set to TR
All About Gaming
Jump to new posts Re: bundle sites by Slax @ 10/04/2014

A bunch of silly, cheesy games on the weekly Humble bundle right now. Surgeon Simulator alone is worth it if you don't know what it is. Hilarious.
Originally Posted By: aehchua(3) Ah... which files should I modify By 3 I meant if 4870 is working, then do the xml modifications you did before, and see if those are the problem. Win7 shouldn't be a problem, as long as the game isn't installed in
v1.13 Coding Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Code Snippets by JMich @ 10/04/2014

Allow different rules for climbing (and jumping) with backpacks. First setting is sBackpackWeightToClimb which is the maximum weight a backpack can weigh and still allow you to climb with. The sBackpackWeightModifier in items.xml can modify that num
Yes sir. I can't wait for flashback to be released. JA was what got me into gaming. Still remember getting JA1 under the Christmas tree as a boy.
(1) Vanilla was working. It isn't working now since it was overridden. (2) 4870 isn't working (3) Ah... which files should I modify Windows 7 Home
v1.13 XML Customization
Jump to new posts Re: XML Editor Changelog by JMich @ 10/04/2014

Updated to 162, added support for enemy and militia gun and item choices. Edit: link
Usual testing steps. 1) Verify that vanilla (aka 1.12) works as it should. 2) Install 4870 (or latest one) and see if it still works 3) Modify files and see if it works. Usual disclaimer about antivirus and installation directory applies as well. P
I dropped the game to 4870 and I am getting the same bug. Any tips?
v1.13 Bug Reports
Jump to new posts Re: BUGZILLA report all bugs here! by JosephCKohn @ 10/04/2014

Every so often I try unusual things in order to fret out bugs. In this case attempting to attach two batteries to a radio set causes an unhandled exception. Requires a merc with the radio operator skill. Game info: Clean reinstall and remod to Execu
I am using SCI revision 7-141 if that helps any.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11225 Members
87 Forums
7127 Topics
131535 Posts

Max Online: 345 @ 01/05/2012
Copyright 2000-2013 Bear's Pit